The Institute provides on-site professional development for a wide variety of agencies including child-care providers, Head Start, childcare licensing specialists, child welfare specialists, public school teachers and administrators, Smart Start, parents and extended family. We have developed our professional development packages as well as numerous other trainings that are specifically tailored to meet the needs of different types of organizations.
This is a 20-hour professional development module designed to teach:
- The importance of relationship based care
- Creating home-like environments for young children, mainly 3 to 5 year olds
- Designing the daily schedule
- The importance of routines and transitions
- The organization and implementation of 8 basic interest centers: art, blocks, dramatic play, library, manipulatives, science, math and music
This module is helpful to those who are preparing for QRS or accreditation.